Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Next Week

Next week is going to be one exciting week. One week from today we have our ultrasound and will hopefully find out if we are having a little boy or girl. Then the following day, we leave for Redding for a week!! We are so excited to get away for a little while, especially in the middle of winter. This has been an extremely long, hard winter, and it's probably not even close to being over. I can't wait to get away and hopefully see some CA sun. Even if it rains the whole time we are there, that would still be an improvement over bitter cold and snow. But really, the weather is not the actual reason we are going to Redding. Our church is going through a lot right now, and Jason needs a break. The church is sending him to a conference at Bethel, and then we will be spending time at The Stirring. I can't wait to see old Redding friends, and to attend a church service where I have no responsibilities!! What a nice break that will be :) I'm not even sure if we have finalized our plans for where we are staying.... nothing like waiting til the last minute! This will probably be our last trip before the baby is born, so we are looking forward that as well.  Jason's parents are staying at our house with Dylan, so not only will our week be "snow free," it will also be "kid free!" (well...at least free of our kid) We will miss Dylan like crazy, but I know he is in great hands with his grandparents, and this is a much needed break for us. 

2 comments:

Chris and Marcie Swain said...

I am so excited for you to get to go to Redding...I am sorry that I can't make it down to visit you :(
I miss you like crazy...Travel Safe and have tons of fun. I know I will at my sisters in LA. :)
ps.... I am voting for a girl

Anonymous said...

Are you guys here yet? Call me and tell me when you get here so we can hang out. See you soon!
Alicia