Thursday, January 15, 2009

The baby

I felt the baby move today for the first time! I am only 15-16 weeks along, so I wasn't expecting it for a little while still. What's funny is that I had my first whole cup of coffee today since I found out I was pregnant. Coincidence- I think not!! This little guy or girl was probably doing some extra back-flips in there- heehee :) Coffee had started sounding really good to me again, which is good since I work at Starbucks, and the smell made me nauseous for the past 2 months!! I obviously drink much less than I did before, and I am always careful to stay well under my 200 mg per day caffeine limit, but it's nice to be able to enjoy a good cup of half-caf. There really isn't much other baby news. We heard the heartbeat at our appointment at the end of last month. It took a while for the midwife to be able to find a strong signal, but eventually we heard our peanut's strong little heart! I am feeling much better now, and slowly getting my energy back. When we ask Dylan where the baby is he points to my stomach and says "in there." He will also talk to the baby and kiss my tummy. He always saying it is a sister, and in just a few weeks we will find out if he is right. Our ultrasound is scheduled for Feb. 3rd, so in about 3 1/2 weeks, we will hopefully know what we are having! I can't believe how quickly things are going. In the beginning it feels like it will never end, but already it seems to be flying by. Before we know it we will be halfway there!!!! We keep meaning to take a belly photo, so when we finally get around to it, I will post it so everyone can see my little bump :)

2 comments:

Karen said...

I am getting so so excited for you!!! Cannot wait to hear what it is...

stuckinmypedals said...

Hey, Kim & Jason,
Thanks for the call today. It was such a pleasant surprise, even better that you'll be in our neck of the woods soon. Terry and I are looking forward to hanging with you!