Tuesday, May 6, 2008

What a horrible wife

Last Wednesday was Jason's birthday. I, of course, had been aware of this fact for quite some time. I had shopped for (online & in town) and wrapped some pretty awesome gifts. We began celebrating early when we visited his parents the weekend before with cake, ice cream, singing- the usual stuff. The night before Jason's b-day I let him open his gifts, which were a huge success this year (this is not always the case; I can be a horrible gift giver). Apparently this triggered something in my brain, and I forgot his birthday was the next day. When we got up in the morning I did not say a word about it. In my mind his birthday had already come and gone. Jason had to rush out the door to work pretty early- there was a huge, week long, district meeting being held at our church that week. I had to work later that day and did not get off until 9 that night. It was not until probably 6 0r 7 that evening that I realized I had never wished Jason a happy birthday!! By then it was a little late to make up for it. My only saving grace- gifts is one of Jason's primary love languages. Good thing I chose this year to go a little overboard!



3 comments:

Jason Day said...

You did goooooood!

The Ratcliff's said...

that mac he has there should get you out of being a 'horrible wife' for the rest of your life. enough said!

Kim Day said...

oops! didn't mean to miss lead anybody. I did NOT get Jason a mac for his b-day. that is his work computer. this pic was taken at church a few days after his b-day. it's just the most recent pic we have :) I got him a new pedal for his electric guitar (and some other small stuff he wanted)