Tuesday, December 9, 2008

News

Well, some of you may noticed that it had been a little while since I have written a blog. I'm not real great at keeping up with it anyway, but it really has been a while. I also promised pics of my finished kitchen, unfortunately, it's not finished yet! But, I have a great excuse- I am pregnant!! My midwife says I am due sometime between June 28th and July 13th. So for now, I am going with July 7th. We'll see how close I am once I have an ultrasound sometime in Feb :)

So far this pregnancy is very similar to Dylan's. I am nauseous (and tired) most of the time, and it gets worse at night. I also already have terrible back pain, just like with Dylan. I am really absent minded too- I think "pregnancy brain" hit earlier this time! It's amazing how much more challenging it is to be pregnant with a toddler running around! He just doesn't understand why I'm too tired to play as much as we used to. 

One plus with this pregnancy is that I'm not working full time. I don't know how I could possibly be working 40 hrs plus take care of the house and Dylan. Jason still has to pick up a lot more of the household chores anyways!! I can't wait to be out of this beginning stage, I must admit I forgot how horrible it is. We have an appointment in a few weeks where we will get to hear the heartbeat for the first time. I can't wait!!! 

I'm not sure how coherent this blog has been, but I'm pregnant, so you can't expect much from me- haha

9 comments:

Steve, Karen, Delaney, & Jude Dunlap said...

OH MY WORD! Now the Dunlaps and the Days REALLY need to get together!
We are so excited for you and your family! I will pray that the first trimester will pass quickly and be very uneventful! Hooray for you!

Chris and Marcie Swain said...

Yay....CONGRATS

I miss you much :)
love ya

The Ratcliff's said...

congrats!!! im so happy for you. i hope the beginning stages ware off soon!

gDrew said...

So much going on! I want to come "home" and be a part of it! I am excited and happy for you and miss the heck out of you guys!

Wilson Family said...

Yeah!! How exciting! Congrats!! Andy says that God made women able to forget what pregnancy and childbirth are like shortly after they give birth. His theory is that if any of us remembered what it was like no one would have more children!! =) Hang in there, soon you'll be in the glorious middle trimester.

Karen said...

yipee!!! cant wait for new baby day!

Alyssa said...

Yay congrats! Hope you can nap when Dylan does, I took a nap everyday when Zeke was at school and Sofia was napping, it was awesome, I miss it!!
I need your address for our Christmas card, can you email me it???
Happy Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Kim!
Congrats on the bun in the oven. Hope you guys have great Christmas. We love and miss you!
Alicia

Beth said...

Wow! Congrats! Hang in there- I'm sure that the kitchen will be done before the baby comes! Much love, Beth