Thursday, September 25, 2008

Dylan the artist

Lately Dylan has taken an interest in coloring. Actually, he does not like coloing at all. He prefers drawing. Coloring books do not interest him at all. He wants plain paper to express his creativity.
I recently bought him a really big drawing pad- it takes up almost our whole coffee table. I love to watch him run back and forth to different sides of the table adding to his masterpiece. Every once in a while he looks at something he's drawn and decides it resembles a fish, or a tree. He is
so proud of himself and claps and cheers loudly. Other times I will ask him what he is drawing, and he looks at me as if I am an idiot, and says "a picture." (duh, mom!) I love seeing things like this come out in his personality. I want to encourage his God-given gifts and talents, without pressuring him as he grows and changes. I hope he continues to be this creative and artistic as he grows up; but if not, I am sure his love for drawing will be replaced with something else just as wonderful!














No comments: