Thursday, July 24, 2008

Letting go of God's good

Last weekend during a discussion at out Saturday night church service, a very wise friend said that sometimes we have to let go of "God's good" to make room for His "great." This struck a chord with me, as I have been struggling with our move to NY for almost a year and a half now. It has been a slow process, but I have recently grown to appreciate many aspects of living in upstate NY. But, upon hearing those words, I realized I have never let go of all the good stuff I miss about CA. This was a huge wake-up call for me, and I can now see that I won't be able to experience the great things God has in store for us here, if I'm holding on to the good things in our past. Now, I'm not saying I will ever stop missing all the wonderful friendships we made in CA, the 9 months of sunshine, or all of our family, but I think I am on my way to a new level of acceptance- maybe even happiness- about our move. So, this is me, starting to let go of the good........to make room of the great.

1 comment:

Erica said...

It is awesome to hear what God is doing in your heart Kim. I am so bummed we missed your visit to Redding. It looks like you had fun. Love you guys